The itinerary in South East Asia breaks down like this:
- 20th May – depart London, fly direct to Bangkok
- 21st May – arrive Bangkok and orientation talk with our ‘Chief Experience Officer’
- 22nd May – A boat tour of Bangkok, a visit to the Grand Palace and a flight to Chiang Mai
- 23rd May – A market visit and cookery class in Chiang Mai, then a visit to a Buddhist temple outside the city.
- 24th May – Exploring Chiang Mai during the day, a traditional Khantoke dinner in the evening
- 25th May – A travel day between Chiang Mai and Luang Prabang (Laos)
- 26th May – A pre-dawn visit to a monastery, and an afternoon royal palace visit – followed by a boat to the Pak Ou Temple caves, then back to watch sunset from another temple… so much!
- 27th May – Another free day, relaxing, then heading to the Kuang Sii waterfall and a black bear rescue centre!
- 28th May – A flight to Hanoi, then a guided cyclo ride around the city.
- 29th May – A tour of Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum, followed by a journey to Halong Bay – before an overnight cruise in a junk boat!
- 30th May – A free day exploring Hanoi and Ha Long – optional kayaking!
- 31st May – A flight to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) in Vietnam – followed by another cyclo tour!
- 1st June – Guided tour of Ho Chi Minh City and the under city tunnels.
- 2nd June – A flight to Phnom Penh (Cambodia), yet another cyclo tour!
- 3rd June – A tour of Tuol Sleng Prison and ‘the killing fields’ – a deep dig into the dark history in Cambodia.
- 4th June – 6 hour drive to Siem Reap, and a walk around the city and night market
- 5th June – The first of two days exploring Angkor Wat temple, including a Khmer lunch
- 6th June – Continuing the above tour
- 7th June – Fly home, via Hong Kong (where I stop over for 8 hours – who wants to hang out in Hong Kong??)
I can’t wait!!